This server is now closed. You can play at playdominion.com.
I've gotten a lot of nice emails in the past week from people who've enjoyed playing here. Sorry I didn't respond to all of them individually, but I appreciate them!
- Why is it closing?
- The official licensed implementation at playdominion.com has launched and they've asked all the other non-official implementations to close down.
- Can I have the source? I just want to run a server for my friends and me.
- It would violate the spirit of my agreement with Donald X. that let me run the server in the first place.
- The Dominion content (card text, etc.) isn't mine to give away.
- The current source code contains cards from the unreleased Guilds expansion.
- What about releasing just the server code without any of the Dominion content, for building other games?
- I've considered this, and I may get around to it some day, but at the moment I don't have time. Bits of the "server" and bits of Dominion have grown deeply intertwingled; it would take time to refactor things to be cleaner. None of it is documented; it would be hard for anyone else to do anything with in its current state. I hacked out most of the Dominion stuff in order to put up Innovation, but that's probably something like 20% of the work needed.
If you want to be notified when and if this ever happens (and again, it could be any time from months to never), you can follow me on github — I'll either post it there, or post something that says where it is if I release it some other way.
- What about all the game logs?
- The logs and the leaderboard page are still available.
- What else can I do with my free time?
- Have you played ?
last updated 15 March 2013